Please find information regarding Covid symptoms in children:
With LFD testing kits become more widely available for at-home testing, we would just like to clarify that these tests are not suitable for use on Primary aged children (under 11). If your child is displaying any of the following Covid symptoms you should arrange for a PCR test as soon as possible.
Symptoms of coronavirus in children:
- a high temperature – this means they feel hot to touch on the chest or back (you do not need to measure their temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – this means they cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if your child has symptoms:
- Get a test to check if they have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- You, your child and anyone else you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get the test result – only leave your home to have the test.
Anyone in your support bubble should also stay at home if your child has been in close contact with them since their symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started.
You can find out how to get a PCR test via this link https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Please enter some content for your news story here.